In this document DEA Tasmania outlines a pathway for Tasmania’s Climate Change Act and Climate Action Plan to address the complex interrelated problems of climate change and health.
Key themes are:
- Developing and implementing a holistic and systematic Climate and Health Strategy for Tasmania
- Focusing on health equity, and the social, cultural, environmental and economic wellbeing of current and future Tasmanians.
- Operating within planetary boundaries whilst optimising human health and thriving
- Valuing inclusion of a diversity of voices, from youth, indigenous and marginalised groups in decision making.
Within these themes our key recommendations address specific needs raised in the Discussion Paper on Tasmania’s Climate Change Act:
- The need to harness the health co-benefits of climate action
- The need for coordinated health sector strategy
- The need to address the issue of climate anxiety
For DEA’s full submission please click here