We need you!
The Victorian State Election 2022 is an opportunity to raise awareness about the importance of climate and environmental action to protect the health of all Australians.
Doctors for the Environment Australia asks its Victorian members as well as the general public to meet with your local MP and election candidates to encourage more ambitious climate action and policies.
DEA urges all political parties to commit to:
- Accelerate pathways for ambitious emissions reduction, to protect human health
- Ban new coal, oil and gas projects, to protect global health
- Establish a State Sustainable Healthcare Unit and reduce the healthcare sector’s carbon footprint
- Protect native forests to protect human health and biodiversity
- Deliver justice for First Nations peoples to protect health and Country
The full policy platform can be found here.
Click here to find out more about the case to end native forrest logging in Victoria
You can take DEA’s policy asks to your local candidates in 3 ways:
- Set a meeting with your local MP and other candidates.
- Have a chat with them when you see them out campaigning in your electorate
- Attend one of the many community forums organised by other organisations.
For DEA members
If you are planning a meeting with a candidate please contact the DEA office and let us know, so we can keep a track of meetings. We can also supply you with a members-only briefing pack. Please let us know if you have any questions, want help or advice organising meetings with candidates or are looking for other DEA members to attend a meeting with you.