This National Close The Gap Day, DEA recognises and honours the enduring strength, resilience, and leadership of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in caring for the health of community and country.
As an organisation of doctors, DEA recognise that First Nations peoples have the solutions to addressing health inequities, and achieve the best health outcomes when decision-making is in their hands. We reaffirm DEA’s commitment to listening and learning from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, professionals, and communities.
The Close the Gap Campaign Report 2022
Watch the stream of the launch of the Close the Gap report
Transforming Power: Voices for Generational Change launched 17 March 2022
Speakers and panelllists discuss the Close the Gap Campaign Report 2022 – Transforming Power: Voices for Generational Change launched 17 March 2022
• June Oscar AO and Karl Briscoe: Co-Chairs, Close the Gap Campaign
• Adjunct Professor Janine Mohamed: Chief Executive Officer, Lowitja Institute
• Dr Norman Swan: Host, The Health Report and Co-Host Coronacast.
• Justin Mohamed: Deputy Secretary, Aboriginal Justice, Department of Justice and Community Safety Victoria
• Indi Clarke: Executive Officer, Koorie Youth Council (KYC)
• Leilani Darwin: Director, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Strategy, Black Dog Institute.
• Hayley Mcquire: CEO and Co-Founder, National Indigenous Youth Education Coalition, and Co-Chair of Learning Creates Australia.