Higgins Candidates Forum
- This event has passed.
May 5 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pmFree
Doctors for the Environment Australia along with Higgins Climate Action Network invite you to the Higgins Candidate Forum.
Thu 5th May 2022, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm AEST
Malvern Town Hall, 1251 High St, Malvern VIC 3144, Australia
Doors open at 7:00 pm for a 7:30 pm start. Allow some time to peruse the the display stands.
- Dr Michelle Ananda-Rajah (Labor) accepted
- Sonya Semmens (Greens) accepted
- Dr Katie Allen (Liberal) awaiting formal response
COVID-19: Compliance with Victoria’s COVID-19 vaccination requirements is a condition of entry
Climate action is good for the economy
Let’s engage with our Higgins candidates and find out how they would help Australia make the transition to a clean energy economy!
“Ambitious action to reduce emissions isn’t just criticalfor the environment, it is our path to a stronger and more competitive economy that delivers more jobs”.
Jennifer Westacott, CEO, Business Council of Australia, Nov 2021
“If we’re smart, we could turn Australia into a booming manufacturing country based arounda low-carbon economy”.
Ross Garnaut, The Deal Magazine, The Australian, March 2020
Discover the candidates’ vision for climate progress
Where do they stand on these critical climate issues?
- Science-based emissions targets
- Any new fossil fuel mining and fossil fuel subsidies
- Retiring coal and accelerating clean energy
- Electric vehicle uptake policy
- Developing new export markets in green steel and hydrogen
Join us for this evening of democracy in action
Your chance to ask questions!