Doctors for the Environment Australia has been actively involved in advocacy to ensure that all new Australian hospitals are built without any fossil fuel supply and powered by electricity.
This will facilitate the reduction in emissions associated with heating, cooling, lighting and all other medical equipment as we advocate for the move to 100% renewable electricity supply for hospitals across the country as has been announced by the Victorian Government.
Below is a list of the all-electric hospitals planned to be built in Australia.
- Canberra Hospital extension – ACT
- Adelaide Women’s and Children’s Hospital – SA
- Melton Hospital – Vic
- Royal Melbourne Hospital – Vic
- Royal Melbourne/Royal Women’s Hospital Arden St Campus – Vic
- Alfred Hospital Paula Fox melanoma and Cancer Centre – Vic
- St Vincent’s Hospital Druids Building – Vic
- Epworth Hospital Geelong – Vic
- Royal Prince Alfred Hospital extension – NSW
If any planned all-electric hospitals are not included on this list please contact us at email@example.com.
If you are aware of any plans for a new hospital/wing/building being considered and would like to advocate for an all-electric design please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help you.