Healthy planet, healthy people.
We understand that human health and wellbeing are absolutely dependent upon a rich, biodiverse planet where healthy ecosystems sustain life in balance. Humans need a future with clean air and water, healthy soils producing nutritious food, a stable climate, and a complex, diverse and interconnected humanity whose needs are met in a sustainable way.
Protect health through care of the environment.
We aim to educate and alert colleagues, patients, the public and politicians to:
- The requirement for a healthy natural environment for good human health.
- The need to prevent and redress environmental degradation locally and globally.
- The need for sustainable development that meets the needs of the present generation without compromising future generations.
- The use of the best available scientific evidence as the basis for decisions, and the precautionary principle where the evidence is unclear.
These are our core beliefs and principles and it is from these our organisation grows to achieve our vision.
- The health of natural ecosystems as the basis for human health and wellbeing.
- Activities that foster stewardship for our natural environment
- Scientific evidence as the basis for environmental protection, and the precautionary approach.
- The dedication, knowledge and contribution of our members and a nurturing, mutually supportive organisational environment to foster these.
- Professional and scientific integrity in guiding evidence-based educational and advocacy activities.
- Australia’s indigenous peoples and their long history of sustainable stewardship of country.