DEA’s public health advocacy work over the last year includes:
- Being the FIRST health group in Australia to challenge an EPA in court (on public health grounds) for approving a new coal-fired power plant.
- Being the only medical organisation providing advice to the government and the public about the potential health impacts of coal seam gas and shale gas.
- Contributing to the launch and development of the Climate Commission’s Report: The Critical Decade: Climate Change and Health
- Actively campaigning to save the Tarkine from further mining developments.
- Promoting health through care of the environment by participating at dozens of forums and through numerous publications.
You must acknowledge DEA appropriately and you must not distribute content that you have modified. Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution, No Derivatives 4.0 International License.Click for more detail