DEA’s public health advocacy work over the last year includes:
- Being the FIRST health group in Australia to challenge an EPA in court (on public health grounds) for approving a new coal-fired power plant.
- Being the only medical organisation providing advice to the government and the public about the potential health impacts of coal seam gas and shale gas.
- Contributing to the launch and development of the Climate Commission’s Report: The Critical Decade: Climate Change and Health
- Actively campaigning to save the Tarkine from further mining developments.
- Promoting health through care of the environment by participating at dozens of forums and through numerous publications.